Monday, September 11, 2006

never forget

NEVER FORGET

No matter what your political affiliation may be, please never forget what happened on this date five years ago. I won't go into my personal beliefs, but I will ask that you never forget what happened.

I think, in my life anyway, it will be as in my mother's life - my mom can tell you exactly where she was and what she was doing when JFK was killed and she can tell you exactly where she was and what she was doing when Elvis died...(not that I am comparing the two to my two, it's just two days that she can tell you exactly where she was and what was happening.) I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing when OKC was bombed, and I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing five years ago today. I can tell you where my son was on both of those days as well.

Also, whether you are for or against this war, please remember that those boys are over there dying and fighting and living doing a job that they feel they must do - for whatever reason. Please support those boys. Even if you don't like the war, and even if you hate Bush, please don't take it out on those boys. Some of them didn't ask to go over seas. Some of them are doing what they think they need to be doing. Some of them just wanted to get a free education - never knowing what would happen and where they would be. I mean, think about it, six years ago, the military was a good way to get a college degree - do your time for a few years, get to see the world, do something for your country, be proud that you did your duty, and get a free college education - Granted, that is very simplified, but I remember talking to my friends and that is what they said made some of them join... never once did they think the horrors of this day five years ago would happen. Never did they once think they would be going through the HELL they are going through today. Please - do something nice for a soldier. buy him a drink, buy his meal, say THANK YOU and mean it. Whether you belive in what is going on or not... just say Thank you. Because he is doing his job.

Until next time...
M

No comments: