Tuesday, May 03, 2005

What in the hell is going on in this world?

I was just informed about a shooting. A child was shot in the face, neck, lung and kidney. It was a 12 gauge. This kid did NOTHING to deserve to be shot. He was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. He and some friends were playing, and a man came out of his house, said that he saw a dog running his horse, went back in, got his gun and shot. This little boy is 12 years old. He is now fighting for his life, because he was outside playing. NOTHING has been filed against the man who did the shooting. No charges –no reckless endangerment, no attempted murder – NOTHING. I can not fathom what this mom is going through. I can not imagine her stress, her fear, her world. I don’t want to. And yet, as her friend, I am fathoming it… I am seeing what she is going through. More and more realizing that all she can do is pray. And believe me, we are praying… to any and every God we both know… me more to mine, but she’s throwing in the whole lot just to have her bases covered. Happy Mother’s Day – your baby may not live.

What is this world coming to? Why are people not using simple common sense? Believe me; I am NOT against guns… I have several, and I am responsible with the care and storage of them. My son is highly educated about guns. I have no fear regarding my guns. But I would not shoot a gun in the direction of children playing. I am not so stupid.

And suddenly, I am tired. I am tired of babies being hurt, I am tired of worrying about my friends an family who are fighting for my country, I am tired of wondering if that next phone call is going to be news that I can’t bare, I am exhausted from worrying about what world my child will grow up in. I am exhausted from being on my knees praying and praying and praying and seeing the world still as it is… are we all so stupid that we can not get it together? I want to scream and yell at God that if this is the world He had in mind, He needs to re-think his plans. Yet who am I? Who do I think I am that I could do such a great job? I can’t even get my own home in order. Again, I am tired. Simply exhausted.

No comments: