Monday, January 12, 2004

Trim WHAT?!?!

So I'm glancing through the latest "PEOPLE" magazine, because it has an article I'm genuinely interested in - not just gossip, but actual article - and as I'm flipping pages after my article, I come to this page that has Anna Nicole Smith on it. Now I think she's done fab on a diet, and looks TONs healthier, and all that. What pisses me off is the little white writing down in the corner of the page... you know... the "SMALL PRINT"... it says, and I quote:

"Results not typical" (DUH) "products are intended to be used as part of a total weight loss program including a healthy diet and exercise" (Again, DUH) "Not intended to treat, prevent, mitigate or cure disease" (um, OK - yadda, yadda, yadda - now comes the pisser part) "models have been compensated for photos. All models have become hotter and sexier (lost weight) using TrimSPa (R) products. "

EXCUSE ME? All models have become hotter and sexier (lost weight) using.... So, they weren't sexy before? And Since when does sexy have anything to do with loosing weight???? Now maybe I'm a bit sensitive on this subject because I am trying to lose weight, and I am trying to be healthier... but I can guaren damn tee you that I can be just as sexy as some size 4 model. Probably more so because I've got more damned curves. Yes, I need to lose weight. Yes, I am working on it. But don't tell me I'm going to be sexier because I'm thin. That's plain old bull shit. Sexy is a state of mind. Sexy is knowing how to carry yourself. Sexy is having a smile for miles. Sexy is being confident, and intelligent, and knowledgeable. Sexy is not just about being thin.

/rant.

Ok, I'm done. That just pissed me off beyond normal.

No comments: