Monday, January 12, 2004

Another Day, Another Dollar?

It keeps getting harder and harder for me to have a good attitude at work. I simply do not want to be here, and it is really affecting me. I mean, I know I'm blessed to have a job, and one that pays well on top of that. But damn. I want a new job. I've applied for a few, and I've sent my resume to a few others...I'd send it to more, but I'd hate to have my boss ask me how the job search is going...and if I send my resume to too many more people, she's gonna be asking.

Weekend was good. Got the office almost all the way finished, computers are separate, computer desks are separate, office closet is clean! (amazingly enough). Started working on the kitchen and living room. No, those aren't complete, but they are started. I sent hubby to a web page that will show him some organizational tips too. He's actually excited about getting things done.

We had a long talk too. I still think he's depressed, but he doesn't, so I guess I'll have to go with what he says. He admitted that he knows that I'm not happy, and that neither of us know what to do about it. We've agreed to work on some issues that are around. I have to say, I am very proud of him, he did not watch ONE football game this weekend. For my husband, that is an accomplishment. He repeated something that I've said to him for a while back to me, so maybe it's gotten through - he said that this football game is not going to matter in a month nor in a year, so it's ok for me (him) to miss it. WOW. That's more than I've gotten in a while. I know he's trying, and he knows that I am trying - it's more than coasting, and it's more than we've done in the last year or so. I guess we'll wait and see. I'm glad though that there is some progress. I was really tired of this stagnant state where we were. Communication is starting to happen, and he's really HEARING me, and I'm trying so hard to get him to open up to me. It's a start. No promises.

Kiddo is fab. Just got his report card this weekend, and he made straight A's. Damn he's so smart. I don't know what else to say about him, he made me SO proud. (I'd have been proud if he didn't make straight A's - but it's nice that he did). His Spanish is not so good though - it's not on the report card, and it doesn't count for "an actual grade" - but he's barely passing there. I don't know how to help him either. He just doesn't get the language. I've tried practicing with him, and using what knowledge I have (not a lot mind you) to make it easier, but so far, he just doesn't understand. I'm hoping that he'll have something just click and he'll get it like he does so many other things.

I guess that's all. I've used plenty of space to tell you about my weekend. Tell me about yours please....
M

No comments: