Wednesday, December 10, 2003

I DID IT!!!

I drove in snow and ice. For those of you who don't know me IRL, that may not sound like much of an accomplishment... and maybe for a few of you who do know me IRL, you didn't ever connect that *I* wasn't the one driving in the winter... You see, it is a phobia of mine. Sends me into panic attacks, and I don't mean mild ones. Full blown palpatations, hysteria, unreasonable, hyperventilating panic attacks. Year before last, Oklahoma had 25 days of snow and ice... I drove once - and that was AFTER all the roads had been cleared, and everyone else said it was like driving in the summer. I had a panic attack. Scared the living hell out of me. Last year, I decided I was going to try again. There were approximately 10 days of snow and ice. I drove two. The first one, I had a severe panic attack. The second one, I could at least be reasoned with...only because I had kiddo in the car and didn't want to flip him out. This year, I said that I was going to do it. I am determined. And today, I did it!!! I drove on ice packed roads, and I didn't panic. I passed 19 wrecks, and I didn't hyperventilate. I made it to work without having a wreck, and without a panic attack. I am *SO* proud of me.
I have no idea how on earth I am going to make it home tonight.

M

No comments: