Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Wonder Woman Checking In

Positive news. My boss is keeping my office open. I will have a job. That is good news. I was sort of worried about not having a job. I will however now become a wonderwoman of sorts. At least in my bosses eyes. I will now: Open the office, interview any applicants, check new hires into the job sites, maintain good client relationships, maintain good associate relationships, keep up with all billing, keep up with all payroll, keep up with all applicants and know whether or not they are persons whom we want to hire or not, and for which client, maintain all workmans compensation information - including taking associates to doctor's appointments, maintain the data bases as to who has called in on a regular basis, and go and sell to new clients and get new clients for our associates to go to work for. By myself. For no more money. Can you say "I NEED A NEW JOB?" I can. I NEED A NEW JOB! Please. I want an admin. $14.00/hr. please. or more. I will take a cut in pay to go to admin. I know that admins don't make what I do. I will suck in the purse strings to accomodate. I won't be greedy. Just something that I don't have to be superwoman to manage. Please? I know WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, ACCESS, and several other programs. I'll send my resume if you want it. I'm a pretty talented admin. I'm better at HR, but at this point- admin. will be just fine, I will do as asked. I can say that I am grateful that I have a job. In today's economy, that is a blessing. There are many who don't. With all that is going on in the rest of my life, the last thing I need is to be jobless. I couldn't afford that too. So, I guess I will find a cape somewhere in all the halloween costumes, put it on, and just go with the flow. Be happy that I have a job, and work until I don't have a job. Be positive. It can always be worse. ALWAYS. I am so glad that it's not.

No comments: