Monday, September 29, 2003

Week End Fun

Weekend was ... well, it was. Parts of it were a lot fun, but others were not so much fun at all.

Friday evening, FINALLY took the daybed to the auction house to get it out of my house!! Hooray! Now I just HAVE to get the office organized so I can get the exercise machine set up. I'm really excited though. One step closer to my goal. This is a good thing. Then watched the fights on Showtime and just hung out the rest of the evening. blah. Saturday wasn't much better to start out... Went and watched kiddo lose a heartbreaking football game. They lost by one point. Probably cost by my kiddo. It was awful. Poor guy didn't know where to line up for the play, and so it cost them 10 yards in penalties. He was devistated. He sobbed the whole way home. There was nothing I could do or say to console him, and believe me, I tried. Mom tried. His dad tried. He was still talking about it today. He didn't want to go to practice tonight because of it. Just broke my heart. Poor guy.
The rest of the day Saturday was spent cleaning house and hanging out. Saturday evening, we went to the neighbor's and played farkle and enjoyed Margaritas. I haven't been drinking due to medication, but I threw caution to the wind and had one or technically, three. Good news - no ill effects with the medication. Better news, we had a good time. Best news, I didn't have a hangover on Sunday!

That was the basic weekend. This week is my kiddo's birthday week. I've got his birthday present bought for him, but I kinda am feeling guilty because I only have one big present for him. I know this is more than some kids get, and I know I shouldn't feel guilty, but I always have bought kiddo more than one present... so I know that I will be making a mad dash to the toy store or to another store to find something else for him in the next day or so. I can't help myself. I don't care that I've warned him that this year his present was more expensive, so I won't be getting him as many presents, or that he is getting bigger, so his presents are more expensive so not to expect quite as many. When he was little I would shower him with presents. Never mind that most of them came from the dollar general/dollar tree/99 cent store. Now he's older, those 99 cent store presents are still nice to get once in a while, but they aren't as fun as say, the $60.00 ride pass for the fair that he asked for, or the $100.00 Remote control Hummer he was eyeing at Wal-Mart. I don't know how some single mom's do it. I see all these things that the kids see, and that they want, and I see the price tags, and I think NO WAY! I know he's gonna like his present, but I can't help feel guilty there isn't more. Stupid, I know... at least he appreciates what he does get.

We're taking him out to eat on his birthday too. He gets to go to a place where they fix your meal right at your table. I can't wait for him to see that. I think he will thoroughly enjoy that. I'll make him a cake, and we'll have homemade ice cream. He really is a spoiled little man.

It's hard for me to think that I am the mom of a ten year old child. Ten years. Wow. Two more days and my son will be ten years old. I just blinked, I swear I did... he was just a baby, and I blinked, and he was three, then I blinked again, and he was starting school, and I tried so hard not to, but I blinked again, and now he's ten. Damn. Where does the time go?


No comments: