Thursday, August 21, 2003

Kiddo started school today. It makes me proud and weepy at the same time. I'm so proud of the little man he has become. Although, I must say, I'm a little nervous that the little shit is going to walk all over this teacher this year... she is blonde, friendly, and cheerful, and he's going to smile, dazzle and charm her and walk right over her. Oh well, if he learns something, we'll be happy, I suppose. I just wish that I could still afford private schools. He got a much better education when he went to private schools. He'll be fine though. He's a good kid. Spoiled, and rotten, but he's a good kid. I keep getting told how polite he is. And I got a call from his old bus driver telling me that he wasn't going to have kiddo's route this year, so he was disappointed, and that he was going to miss my kiddo. That, to me, says a lot about the way that I am raising my kid. If a bus driver makes it a point to call and say that he is going to miss your kid, then you must be doing something right. And, he didn't call all the other parents, because I asked the kids parents across the street if he called over there. Mom thinks I'm too strict. She insulted the hell outta me by telling me that I acted just like my father did when I was a kid with my kiddo, and I thought, no, I don't raise my hand and slap him across the room. My kid never cowers in fear from my hand. He may cower from my voice, but not from my hands, and my voice, he knows that I'm gonna calm down and talk rational once I get over my mad, and then we talk. He's learned that mom gets mad, yells, then we talk. He's a pretty amazing kid. But I get weepy because I know that he's my only baby. I'm never gonna have another one. He's it. And he's getting SO big! He's over four feet tall. He's almost ten years old. It seems like just yesterday that he was born, and now he's getting so big. He's playing football, and he's stronger than I am. I would never admit that to him, but he is. He is SO much stronger than I am! It just kills me. He is growing into this young man, he's not my baby boy anymore. I mean, he'll ALWAYS be MY baby, but he's not a baby anymore.

Anyway, that's what's going on in our lives right now. I went to the doctor yesterday. I get to stay on my Topamax. Yea! I didn't get to see my RA doc because he had a death in his family, so it will be next week before I get to do that, but I'll keep you posted. I won't know how my white blood count is until later this week either. Apparently since nothing else is outta whack, my doc isn't going to stress too much about it, unless my RA doc stresses. And I'm not gonna stress until one of the docs start stressing - because I have enough to stress about.

Did I tell you about our new camera? I've figured out how to work it, and download pictures off of it, but I haven't figured out how to post them here. I know there is a trick to doing it, but I just don't know how yet. When I figure it out, I'll post some up, and show you the kiddo.

Have a good rest of the week ya'll. Until next time. M

No comments: