Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I am so very frustrated. I just called the doctor, because I was told yesterday when I had blood taken that I would know something about my results today. Well, it is 15 minutes until the doctor’s office closes, so I went ahead and called them (not being a patient person, I want to know!) well. No results. Not today anyway. Just stinks. I mean, I knew that the tests for arthritis would take 4-7 days. I knew that the estrogen test would take a minimum of 4 days. So those, I was prepared for the wait on. I was not prepared to wait on my blood sugar results. I need to know if I am diabetic or not damned it. I need to know if I have osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. I already know that I have arthritis. I have it in my right hand, my left hip and my lower back. I would feel better if I lost weight. I know this, and have been working on fixing the problem. There is only so much I can do, however, in regards to exercising that doesn’t hurt. But I am trying. I have lost several pounds since the last time I went to the doctor. I have to say though, that I just blew at least two – five of those because when the doctor said it was indeed arthritis, and not just sore from exercise, I had my chocolate comfort food. A LOT of chocolate comfort food. Then I swam for 45 minutes.

Work is still work. Nothing to brag about, but nothing to sneeze at either. At least I still have a job. For that I am very grateful.

This weekend is my anniversary. Hubby and I want to go somewhere and spend the night. Just go do something fun. Kiddo is going to Mom’s for the weekend, she’s picking him up on Friday, and we are spending the weekend without him... but I have no idea what we are going to do. I want to go to Kansas City or to Eureka Springs, or to Hot Springs... or just SOMEPLACE outta here. Finances are making that VERY questionable. Plus, I just don’t have any ideas. Dallas is fun, but when you don’t know anyone there, and you don’t know “THE” places to go – well, it makes for a not so fun trip. We thought about Branson again, but kiddo would be REALLY pissed if we went without him. SO.... looks like we’ll be spending a weekend here at home being bored. OOOHHHH fun anniversary. It’s hard to believe that it has been 7 years. No one thought I’d make it 7 months – much less 7 years. Now I just can’t see it being any other way. I can’t imagine not being married to this man who loves me so very much. I don’t know that I could’ve asked for a better husband. One who loved me more. He tolerates me. He knows me. He puts up with my moods. He puts up with my shit. He knows that I don’t keep house worth a shit, and he loves me anyway. He doesn’t expect me to keep a spotless house. He said it doesn’t look like a home if it’s spotless. How’s that for cool?

Well, I guess that’s all I know for today. If you have any CHEAP ideas near the OK area for a weekend of fun... please let me know! Thanks. M~

No comments: