Tuesday, February 11, 2003

I have a topic. Actually, I'm borrowing a topic from Nichole, but it's a worthy topic, and it has me curious. I wrote a post in and of its self in her comments - I'm sorry Nichole - but at the same time, it gets my gander up... I am a Christian. I believe there is a God, and I believe in Him. However, I am not, I repeat, NOT, a "Bible fanatic". I try very hard not to push my beliefs onto other people. If asked, I will tell my thoughts. I try to be a good person, I try not to do things that are "bad" but I do not push my thoughts as to what is "bad" onto others. I mean, even I can come up with reasons why murder can be a good thing - (think child rapists) - so who am I to judge? I mean really - "Judge not lest thy be judged" - I do not want to be judged for my actions by anyone of this earth. One of my other favorite quotes is "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - well, let me tell you, I am FAR from without sin. So who is it that has a right to tell you that you are a sinner? It damned sure isn't me. Nothing makes me crazier than those who hold themselves above all others, and claim that they are "Christians", only to be exposed for some little "dirty secret" that they have tried to hide. Hypocrites. They are truly hypocrites in the worst way. I am a Christian. I believe in God. I believe in Heaven, and Hell. I do not believe in telling others that my way is the only way. I do not believe in telling others that if they do not believe in my Bible that they are going to Hell. (One thing that I am constantly getting myself into trouble for is that I acknowledge that my Bible was written by men, for men, and was translated by men for men during a time when women had no rights.) I do not believe in telling others that they are going to go to a place that they do not believe in simply because they do not hold themselves to the standards that I have set for myself. I have several friends who are not Christians. Some are Wiccan, some are Atheist, and some are Agnostic, yet I am able to be friends with them, and respect them as people. The cool thing about that, to me at least, is that by living my life the way I do, I have changed some of their minds about Christians. Now not all Christians are the enemy as far as they are concerned. To me, that's part of what being a Christian is all about... do you have any thoughts on the topic? Share with me - please!

No comments: