Monday, February 10, 2003

I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. It's been a crazy week and a half. My husband has been ill, and my son has been ill, and now my husband is sick again. With all this sickness, I'm taking TONS of vitamin C and doing all I can to keep from getting sick.

I sold two of our puppies! I am so excited! One of them will be a Valentine present - how sweet! - and the other, well, she went to a really cool family who has called and told us her name will be Emma.

I sent an email to Nichole telling her about how I managed to keep my outlook positive on some of my previous job experiences, but I definitely need to take my own advice today. I am having a ROUGH day. Have I told you I work at a temp service putting people to work? Well seems that one of my clients has it in for two of my employees, and there isn't a damned thing I can do about it. They are good workers. One has an issue with being late, but otherwise, she is a good employee. Now he's complaining that she makes too many phone calls on her break... WHAT? too many phone calls on her break... ok, wait a minute - you said no personal phone calls unless on break or lunch - and now you are telling me that I have to tell them that they are making too many personal phone calls on the breaks! WTF? I mean really. Why is it that you have it in for them? What is it that has made you decide to be this big of a pain in my butt because you've got your panties in a wad??? And on top of that to deal with, I'm getting hit up on why we don't have more hours... could it possibly be because the economy SUCKS? Could it be there are NO jobs out there in this town??? (if there were, don't you think I would be applying???? UUUGGHH! So anyway, I need to take my own advice and be nice and find something positive about my job... FIND something positive about my job.... uuummmm. I like the people I work with. At least the ones in my physical office - not necessarily the ones outside of my office...

OH, I have to tell you about my weekend! I actually did something that I NEVER do! I drank WAY too much! Didn't get stupid drunk, but I did get a hangover. That hasn't happened in like, um, 7 years!! I had a Mary Kay party and had Margaritas and ended out finishing the mix completely. I think I had 7 of them. Now I can hold my liquor, but this was a bit much even for me. Like I said, it's been forever since I had that much to drink. I'm one of those annoying people who go out somewhere and have two drinks then switch to water or Coke - and drink that the rest of the night... but it was at my own home, and it was with some REALLY cool ladies, and we just had a "Girls night" - I need more of those!! :)

Anyway, I'd better get some work done, gotta smooth the feathers of my clients... until next time, which I hope won't be so long!

No comments: