Thursday, August 02, 2012

And the world turns again...

Wow, has time flown.  It's almost as if I'm starting a new blog from a new place in my life.  I have no idea if I will keep this up or not, but I decided I wanted to post something here for the moment. 

Update on me - I was divorced and remarried.  I am happier than I have been.  I love my husband completely, and he loves me completely.  It's amazing this relationship we have.  Not that it's perfect, because no relationship is 100% perfect, but it is better than any I've ever had before.  Even our preacher said he believed we were each other's true soul mates - and he does not make that statement lightly. 

My beautiful son is finally living his dream.  He leaves for basic military training in just four short days.  On one hand, I am so very proud of him - on the other hand, the thought of him being away from me for so long takes my breath away and makes me want to curl into a fetal position and scream until I have no voice left to scream and then scream some more.  I know other mom's go through similar feelings when their boys leave for basic - I'm on support group sites - but it definitely feels like I am all alone in this anguish.  I gave him a going away party for his friends - he loved it - he said, anyway - and there were several people who showed to wish him well.  I'm so glad his friends took the time to come over!  As an aside, one of the coolest things for me was that all but about four of the kids there called me "Mom"!  I loved it!  We are throwing him a "family" going away party on Sunday.  I hope he has as much fun there as he did the one at home.  I hope the family decides to show up.

So, on one hand, my life is better than it has ever been... on the other, my life is falling into a pit of despair for the missing of my son... drama at it's finest.  Don't worry... this too shall pass.

No comments: