Friday, March 12, 2004

Changes in attitudes... Changes in latitudes...

So, um, yeah. I lost my job. Reduction in work force. Laid off. Terminated. Resigned. Whatever. I don't have to go back to that awful place any more. At first, I was flipped. Now, I am SO happy. I know. Doesn't make much sense does it? I am BROKE. I mean, BROKE broke. But I am happier than I have been in a very long time. It is as if this HUGE weight is off my shoulders. I don't have to put up with the crap. I don't have to work the LONG ass hours. I don't have to be micromanaged. I don't have to do it. I am SO freaking happy it is unreal.

Kiddo is out of school on spring break this week. Guess which mom gets to spend time with him? WOO HOO! Today, I was thinking about taking him to the zoo, but he wanted to play with his friends in the neighborhood, so that will be MONDAY. It has been relaxing, and I have gotten a lot done at the same time. My laundry, which is an ONGOING battle is almost caught up. WOW. My house, is picked up. I could have drop in guests, and not be horrified. I am happy. I mean, really happy. I had no idea how much it was weighing on me.

There are other positive things going on in my life too. My friends, OH MY GOODNESS, my friends, completely ROCK. They are the best. I am so fortunate. Wendy, Krista, Ren, Zuly, Roni, Michelle, Melissa - Thank you all. The support you have given me individually has been amazing. I think over half of my positive attitude comes from these grrls. Guys, don't think I'm leaving you out... Thank you.

Let me tell you - as I have let people know - the response has been positive. "You FINALLY got out of that hell hole? GREAT !"; "I can see the change in your whole demeanor - this is really the best thing"; "Now you can be prepared for what is REALLY good for you that is coming down the line". I am so very blessed to have my friends.

So, I wanted to let you know. I am not working where I was working. I am happy. I have no clue what in the hell I'm going to do, but I am happy. I have a few ideas... My mom has eye surgery on April 2 & 7th, so I'm going to work some temp assignments as an admin or receptionist until that time. Then I can spend those days with her - where I am needed most - and then I will get to looking for something full time. I have put in several resumes, applications, and on-line things for some jobs. The market here in Tulsa is picking up, so I think things are going to be all right. Strike that. I KNOW things are going to be all right. Better even.

Happy days are here again.... see, I'm even singing in both my words, and title... woo hoo!!!

Now, I'm gonna go play with that boy of mine. See if he's ready to figure out something fun for lunch. Maybe Octopus & seaweed. (Ask in comments if you really wanna know)
M

No comments: