Monday, December 01, 2003

24 days until Christmas

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! I LOVE going "home" to see my family and spending time with everyone, but I have to admit, it is SO nice to come HOME.

I didn't have a very eventful weekend, just one of ... well, I'm not sure what word I want to use there... it was great getting to see my grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and in laws... spending time with them is always an adventure. Mom and I went shopping - yes, I braved the stores at 6:00 am. I managed to get a few great buys, and spend WAY too much money. I always feel a little stupid though - I mean, since we've moved away from there - I go from the second largest city in the state to a town of 40,000 people to do my shopping... um, duh? Not the smartest one of the bunch now am I? There are so many more opportunities here to find those "great buys" and also to find the things I am looking for... do I shop here? NOOOOOOO I go back to my hometown to shop. It really doesn't make sense.

I did get to go out to my family's ranch, which was WONDERFUL. I took close to 30 pictures... Maybe someday, I'll figure out how to post some of them... I've even considered offering them up for sale... It wouldn't be the first picture I've ever sold, and hopefully, not the last. I used to love photography, and according to at least two of my professors, I have a "natural eye" for taking pictures. I don't know, I just take that which catches my eye. I don't know much about the photography business, but I know what I like, so that's what I shoot - I have taken photography classes, at both high school and college levels, so I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to taking pictures...and one day, I'll take more classes. Until then, I just enjoy my camera and do what I do best - point and shoot.
Back to the ranch... Mother and I cut branches and other growing things for a Christmas wreath that we made (meaning she made it and I watched). It turned out beautifully, and is now hanging on my house. I love it that mom is so creative. I just wish that I had more creative ability. I do ok, but I'm just not as good as so many people I know.

I guess that's all for now, I have to go and get some meds for my hubby - as he is sick today, and I'm planning on getting my son's hair cut today, and we are scheduled to get our pictures made tonight. There is a lot to be done, so I have to go now. I hope you had a great weekend... tell me all about it...

M~

No comments: