Tuesday, November 04, 2003

NANO WriMo Has Begun!

Although I am not a contestant, I LOVE to read... I've made a couple of friends from the NanoWriMo of the past - just following links and reading what is written. I only criticize those I know well, and I try to be a support to anyone else I read. It's a hell of an undertaking, to write 50,000 words in 30 days. More than I have time to do. More than I have energy to produce. More than I have talent to create. I admire those whom I know are participating. It is a great accomplishment.

Little man enjoyed Halloween. We walked until his bag was full, and his legs were tired. Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a 10 year old TIRED? Especially one who is in excellent football condition. OMG. I think we covered at least a thousand houses, if not double that. I have to say, the autumn air was not necessarily good for me, but it was a beautiful night, and I really enjoyed it a lot. Just the boy and me. Dad was home sick. So, the boy and I made our yearly trek.

I am extremely proud of him - yes, once again...as always - I think it is a mom thing, or maybe it is a me thing - I am always proud of my son. No matter what he does, I find something positive about it. Even when he's being bad. (I give him credit for being creative in his disobeying) - But, he is working really hard in school, and is once again making straight A's. Yea! Kiddo! Mom thinks that's great.

His football team has won three games of the tournament they are in. This is further than they went last year, and the one game they lost, was in heart-breaking overtime. And those poor little boys were just SO disappointed. They are amazing. All of them. If they could've played this well during the year, we would've never lost a single game. Coaches, mom's and whole family's are so proud of these little guys.

Is it me, or can everyone else see this huge elephant in the middle of the room that I just keep ignoring and walking around as if it doesn't exist? Well, keep ignoring it, because I'm not quite ready yet. Some times I am, but then I'm not, so until I am certain I am ready to discuss it here, I'm going to walk around the elephant as if it didn't exist.

I'm going to bounce back to the top topic - NaNoWriMo... - I was reading a chapter from a writer's entry, and I could've sworn that she stepped into my soul. She is a friend of mine, and told me that the character is based upon a conglomeration of several of us - W2G grrls - but I had no idea she could see into my soul the way she did. Both scared and amazed me. I keep wanting to say, ok, if you can see my soul that clear - tell me what to do now. Tell me what is right. Give me the answers that we both need. for our own separate reasons. I think that she and I are a lot alike in a lot of ways. More than I had known. It's comforting in ways to know that there is someone out there who has the same neurotic fears as I do. Scares the hell out of me to think that there is someone out there who has the same neurotic ANYTHING as I do. It's nice to know too, that this world is not such a huge place. Good friends are hard to find. I'm very blessed to have several.

m

No comments: