Monday, October 20, 2003

Bummer

Well, I spent the better part of the weekend sick. Didn't plan on being sick. Planned on going back to my hometown and hooking up with an old friend and hanging out and catching up. Was not in the cards. Instead, I spend the weekend with 103 degree temp, puking, and not feeling worth a shit. Needless to say, my weekend was not as I planned. Sorry C.

I feel a little better today, but am sore as shit from being sick. Feels like every muscle in my body is rebelling against me. Not exactly fun.

I talked to my friend Krickett today. I guess I shocked the shit outta her with an e-mail that I'd sent her. Told of some goings on in my life that she hadn't expected. She made me feel better. She always does. Whenever I've got really big stuff going on in my life, she's either the first or the last person I tell. Depending on whether it's good or bad. Depending on whether I need a kick in the ass or support. This time, she's the last. And just like her, she's here. Helping to hold me up, bracing to pick up the pieces that I call my life. When I asked her, "What am I going to do?" She had the best answer, she said, "It's not you, sis, it's us. and WE are going to take things one day at a time and see if things straighten up, and if they don't then we'll go from there. But it's us sis. "

There is a reason I have so few friends in my life. Because the ones I have, are like this. I can count on them. I am so very blessed to have them.

No, I'm not going to blog about what exactly is going on. I'm not sick. Kiddo is not sick. Hubby is not sick. G'pa is having surgery on Friday. Mother is fine. Father is fine. The rest of it, is simply none of your business. (Unless you are one of the VERY few who already know, and you know how long it took me to decide to tell you, so know that I will talk in my own good time.)

Other news... as you just read, my grandpa is finally having his surgery on Friday. They are doing angioplasty... I have no idea if I spelled that right or not. It has been determined that he would not survive a bi-pass, nor would he survive a stint, so, they will perform this "Balloon" surgery in order to keep his heart functioning longer. Seems the majority of the family will be at the hospital for the surgery. I'm leaving work early on Friday to attend. Prayers and good thoughts would be much appreciated.

I guess that's all for now. I'll update more later this week. Craig, again, I'm sorry.

No comments: